We are pleased to announce a 19-week exclusively online course leading to Certification as an International Food Addiction Counselor (IFAC).
SUBJECTS OF TRAINING:
Screening, assessment and treatment plans. Different counseling techniques, abstinence based food-programs, relapse prevention, 12 step-recovery, co-dependency and the family, trauma, FA education, FA ethics and FA biology.
- The training is an online 19-week program January 27 through June 2, 2018, with a MANDATORY 5 day treatment intensive February 11-16 in Iceland. This will be followed with 4 monthly Clinical Supervision sessions for the group.
- Taught in English.
- 18 weekly three hour sessions Saturday´s at 10 am US-EST on Zoom online (Life meeting format with picture and sound).
- 5-day mandatory intensive MFM/ACORN food addiction treatment in Iceland, February 11-16, 2018. Extra cost.
- Those completing the training can apply for a Certificate from the NORDIC/BALTIC REGIONAL CERTIFICATION BOARD (NBRCB), as FAC - FOOD ADDICTION COUNSELOR.
- Graduates from INFACT are already being hired as FAC´s in different facilities.
- The training is designed for professionals in the health and social sectors. Addiction counselors, coaches, physical therapists and all other interested in advancing their knowledge in this field as well as supporting their own recovery.
- Online live application interview by appointment
(Those interested please send an email to Esther Helga Gudmundsdottir requesting a private interview)
Philip Werdell MA, USA, Bitten Jonsson MS, Sweden, Vera Tarman MD, Canada, Marty Lerner, PhD. USA, Theresa Wright, MS USA, Mary Foushi, USA, Esther H. Gudmundsdottir MSc., Iceland.
More information can be found on our webside; www.infact.is
For Admission/Registration Form and INFACT Information Flyer contact
Esther Helga Gudmundsdottir, Director of training:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +354-699-2676 Skype: estherhelga
Esther Helga Gudmundsdottir MSc.
Some quotes from students 2017:
"I found the school a wealth of experience and knowledge on the subject of food addiction."
"I found most important and great help the lectures from different teachers."
"I enjoyed the experience and times spent with other students in the study groups, along with the learning in the Saturday lessons."
".. in addition, the training really enhanced my own recovery from food addiction and overall understanding of the disease of addiction."
"I found it very interesting to learn a great deal more about and to better understand and appreciate the complexity of counseling and treating food addiction."